Bursting with fresh fruits and drizzled with a tangy dressing, this salad is perfect for a summer dinner side dish. We actually ate it for lunch when I made it. It's a light and refreshing salad that's quick and easy to toss together in no time. You may even have all the ingredients on hand for it and it's really great for adding additional ingredients too!
I thought about adding some fresh cracked pepper, but you could also add blueberries, grilled chicken, or any additional nut. It lends itself to adaptation very well.
Today is reveal day for my group in the Secret Recipe Club. If you would like to find out more, then click here. The idea is that all of the members are assigned a blog (secretly of course!) and each member can peruse their assigned blog to find something that they would like to make, or several things to make in the future. The assigned blogs are kept completely secret until the reveal day and time, then you get to see who had your blog, and you get to post about what you made from your assigned blog. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to discover new blogs and recipes.
This month I was assigned to The Saturday Evening Pot. There were a lot of recipes to choose from of her site. I decided to go with the Copycat Cracker Barrel Fruit Salad with Pineapple Ranch Dressing. This recipe lets you choose how much of each ingredient to add but I will tell you how much I added.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Fruit Salad with Pineapple Ranch Dressing
- Mixed Greens (I used about 4-5 cups baby romaine lettuce)
- Strawberries, sliced (I used about 1 1/4 cups)
- Pineapple tidbits (I used about 1/2 cup)
- Pecans (I used about 4 tablespoons of walnuts)
- Ranch Dressing (I used about 2 tablespoons)
- Pineapple juice (I used about 2 tablespoons)
1. In a small bowl stir together the ranch dressing and pineapple juice until mixed, set aside.
2. In the bowl that you will serve the salad in, layer the mixed green, strawberries, pineapple, and pecans. Drizzle with 1/3 of the salad dressing. Repeat for two more layers or until all of the ingredients are in the bowl.
3. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Don't forget to follow me on Blog Lovin' or using one of the buttons at the top of the page so you don't miss a recipe!
Scroll to the bottom to see the other Secret Recipe Club Link-ups!
Some other recipes I've made from other blogs for my Secret Recipe Club assignments:
Mexican Chocolate Cinnamon Brownies