I'm a former pastry chef who believes baking should be fun and it's a form of self expression. Even the most simple recipes can come out beautiful and amazing. I really enjoy trying to mix flavors that usually aren't seen together and enjoy a challenge when baking. I started this blog because I thought it would be fun to share my experiments on desserts and meatless dishes with everyone as well as have a place that makes it easy for me to search for recipes I've made before and really liked instead keeping of stacks of recipes!
- I am a mother of two adorable children (a boy and a girl), a wife, and a sister
- I am a pescatarian (I eat fish but no other meat)
- I love to grow vegetables when I have the space and time
- I recently graduated from Le Cordon Bleu College with my bachelor's degree in Culinary Management. I also have an associate's degree in Baking & Pastry Arts from Johnson & Wales University and another associate's degree in Hospitality Management from J. Sargeant Reynold's Community College.
- I love to use coupons and find great deals!
- I have two dogs that are big (65 lbs. & 77 lbs.), fluffy, and sweet
- I have an unnatural love for hot cocoa and try every variety I can get my hands on!
The whisk that welcomes you at the top of my page is named after Willie Fay who was my great grandmother who loved to cook and entertain guests at her home. She had the family over for dinner and celebrations whenever she could.
Feel free to contact me with any thoughts or questions at searchingfordessert at gmail .com
I love getting e-mails and comments! :)
Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail above if you would like to discuss doing a product review.