Today is Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day! I'm always so excited about today (each month) to see what everyone made from other blogs (especially mine). I know I've made a lot of pizzas that I've posted on here, four I think, and I said that I wouldn't make anymore pizza because this is of course a dessert website and not a pizza website. I do love pizza though, a lot. So when I saw this recipe of the website I was assigned to I absolutely had to try it.
If you've never heard of The Secret Recipe Club before, then you can find out more information by clicking here. The idea is that all of the members are assigned a blog (secretly of course!) and each member can peruse their assigned blog to find something that they would like to make, or several things to make in the future. The assigned blogs are kept completely secret until the reveal day and time, then you get to see who had your blog, and you get to post about what you made from your assigned blog. It's a lot of fun, and a great way to discover new blogs and recipes.
This month I was assigned to A Fit and Spice Life, which is written by Mellissa. Her blog is really fun and offers features such as Wine Wednesday and Fitness Friday. I really liked some of her recipes such as the Balsamic Strawberries with Angel Food Cake, the Mushroom and Black Bean Casserole, and the Asparagus, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad. As I said before, I was really excited about the Mushroom and Apple Pizza. I did change a few ingredient amounts but still made one whole pizza. The altered recipe is listed below but you should click over to see the original recipe too.
I used the whole wheat dough from Trader's Joe's because I really like it, especially when I don't have time to make dough from scratch. My husband said this recipe is definitely a keeper and the only thing that could make it better is bacon. But since he says everything is better with bacon then you never really know. I've even made him Bourbon Bacon Jam and Candied Bacon Fudge before. Sadly, I don't eat pork so I've never tried either one, but everyone who has tried them loved them (and not in that "I'm just being nice" way :). I know I loved this Mushroom and Apple Pizza and I hope you do too! Happy Cooking!
Mushroom & Apple Pizza
- 5.3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed for drizzling
- fresh black pepper and sea salt
- 1 large, firm and tart apple; peeled and cored; sliced ⅛” thick
- 1 thin crust pizza, store bought or homemade
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Place pizza dough on a baking sheet or prepare a pizza stone.
2. Mix together the goat cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl then evenly spread over the dough to within 1” of the edges.
3. Place the apple slices over the cheese in a circle pattern, then sprinkle mushrooms over the apples. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil, then sprinkle the pizza with black pepper and sea salt as desired.
4. Bake the pizza on the baking sheet or a pizza stone for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.5. Toss the mixed greens with the juices then place evenly on the pizza.
Recipe originally from A Fit and Spicy Life
Some other recipes I've made from other blogs for my Secret Recipe Club assignments:
Click here for the parties I may link up to each week.
Don't forget to follow me on Blog Lovin' or using one of the buttons at the top of the page so you don't miss a recipe!