few minutes prep work and some baking time. I discovered this recipe a few years ago and it has become a requested favorite at our table and people who haven't tried it before love the flavor.
Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup(s) apple butter
- 1 cup(s) (solid-pack ) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1 (9-inch ) unbaked pie shell
- 1 egg white, beaten
- (optional) whipped cream , for garnish
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Combine apple butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and spices in a bowl. Stir in eggs. Gradually add milk and mix well, using electric mixer. Brush pie shell with egg white, coating lightly; discard remaining egg white.
- Pierce holes in bottom of crust with a fork. Pour apple-butter mixture into prepared pie shell; bake 15 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake 35 minutes more until center is slightly puffed and jiggles a little bit when pan is tapped.
- Cool until still slightly warm on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, if desired.
Recipe from delish.com