This seems like a perfect combination to me although not to often thought about. As you can tell I'm a pretty big fan of peanut butter since you can also find it here, here, and here. I also like to eat it right out of the jar (sometimes sprinkled with mini chocolate chips on the spoon too). I wasn't able to take a picture that fully exhibited the deliciousness of this treat. Just think...peanut butter, chocolate, powdered sugar, and popcorn (and butter!).
Muddy Buddy Popcorn
Makes about 8 to 10 servings (possibly more if you’re not chocolate/pb obsessed like me)
9 cups plain popcorn
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups powdered sugar
1. Put the popcorn in a very large bowl.
2. In a microwave (at 50% power) or over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture all over the popcorn. Using a large spoon, stir until all of the popcorn is evenly coated with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
4. Sift the powdered sugar over the chocolate-covered popcorn and stir until each piece is evenly coated. Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
5. Break it up and serve! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker