Sometimes on a Monday there's no dinner plan. I've had a fun weekend and just don't feel much like cooking. When that happens, I want to make something quick and easy that everyone will like. That...is what this dish is. Really, it's not even mine. It's something my husband makes. He likes to cook dinner and be creative with recipes. My favorite part is the semi-crunchy, fresh vegetables, and the sauce. Easy but flavorful sauce. He soaks it up with bread, I agree that's a good idea.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! Enjoy!
Broccoli & Mushroom Rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 6 ounces rigatoni
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, if desired
1. Cook rigatoni according to package directions, set aside.
2. While the rigatoni is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, saute 30 seconds, then stir in the mushrooms, broccoli, and Italian seasoning.
3. Add the vegetable stock, cook 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the rigatoni. Season with salt and pepper. Portion the pasta dish into two bowls, top with grated parmesan, if desired.
Don't forget to follow me on Blog Lovin' or using one of the buttons at the top of the page so you don't miss a recipe!