I am embarrasingly late posting this, but I've been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Raquel at Organized Island. She has an awesome blog filled with crafts, recipes, and ideas (you should check it out). I'm so excited to be nominated for the award and it was sweet of her to think of me :).
The Liebster Blog Award is for blogs with less than 200 followers that lets them know that they are appreciated and doing a great job! The award helps blogs to gain readers and helps people to find new blogs that they haven't seen before.The rules of being nominated for the award are that you have to answer the 11 questions that are asked of you (in this case, the questions I'm answering below, if you've been nominated), you can answer 11 random facts about yourself if you would like too, and you should nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
1. Why do you blog? I blog because I like to share the recipes that I make with friends and family. Baking used to be my profession but it's still one of my hobbies and baking is no fun if you can't share it. Another reason I blog is to meet people and make "blogger friends", I've met so many awesome bloggers on here that have great sites and ideas! There is a real sense of community among bloggers.
2. Does the scope of subject matter and target audience of your blog today match what you envisioned when you started? I wasn't really sure what my target audience was when I started except for people like me who enjoy baking, cooking, and eating. Knowing the demographics of who reads my blog regularly (thank you!) it's about what I anticipated.
3. What was your favorite book as a child? A Child's Garden of Verses - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. What is your favorite season? Autumn, it's cold outside enough for sweaters and hot cocoa but not quite cold enough to bundle up and not be able to enjoy the outdoors.
5. Is form or function more important to you? Form I think, I enjoy things that function for the tasks that can be performed, but I am easily distracted by shiny appliances, for example.
6. If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be? Explore the downtown area of a city trying new foods and walking around interesting stores.
7. If you use a smartphone, what app can you not live without? Navigation, I have no sense of direction. It's sad, very sad.
8. What is your favorite board game? Life, who doesn't love spinning the wheel and getting a car full of kids and a "life story".
9. Would you rather have a maid, a personal chef, or a gardener? A maid, I do the best I can keeping everything clean but sometimes a little help would be awesome. I enjoy gardening when I can and I'm perfectly happy cooking :).
10. What is the most organized room in your house? The living room, somehow we manage to keep it clean and organized almost all of the time.
11. What qualities of you do you see in your children? I have one three year old son right now (and a daughter coming in March). I see a lot of my sillyness in my son, he makes me laugh everyday with his antics. My husband says I am like a butterfly because I will change topics halfway through a conversation and confuse whoever I'm talking to (mostly my husband when it happens). My son follows that habit and will change topics or tasks and have multiple things going at once.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. When I have a garden I like to grow vegetables that you can't find in stores (easily) like purple tomatillos and lemon cucumbers.
2. I could eat macaroni and cheese until the cows come home. I love that stuff, homemade or box, it doesn't so much matter.
3. One of my favorite relaxing things to do is bake fresh bread then sit and watch tv with my husband while eating half the loaf.
4. I'm addicted to chips and salsa. I may love them more than macaroni and cheese. Xochitl makes my favorite chips and Renfro's habanero salsa is my favorite salsa. I could eat the entire bag and the entire jar in one sitting (I never have mind you, but I could...).
5. I'm secretly crafty. Each Christmas I teach myself how to do something for a present for someone in my family. I've made quilts, pillows, etched glass on mirrors, wood burning, painted on candle holders, done pen and ink drawings, and some other stuff I'm sure. I made curtains for my sons bedroom and am currently working on a crib skirt for the crib for my daughter. I'm doing some other fun crafts this year but my mom reads my blog so I can't say what it is :).
6. Grape licorice is my favorite candy.
7. I love moose even though I've never actually seen one. I have lots of moose items, especially at Christmas, once we counted about 30 I think in the living room alone. My husband and I went to Vermont a few years ago on a trip and went on moose trails and still didn't see one :(. One day...
8. I like to collect old cookbooks and love going to library book sales to find them.
9. I have an insane amount of patience most of time, especially when teaching people to do things or waiting for something.
10. I love trying new types of hot cocoa and can never get enough of the good stuff.
11. I'm a pescetarian (I eat fish but no other meats) and that's one of the reasons I usually host a Meatless Monday post. I haven't eaten beef or pork (intentionally) in probably 7 or 8 years and haven't eaten chicken 6 or 7 out of those 7 or 8 years.
I have notimated 11 blogs below but it is difficult to know how many followers that they actually have. I went by the GFC as having less than 200 followers. These are all blogs that I follow, mostly through RSS, and they have wonderful recipes, crafts, and ideas! Some of the blogs are really new and some have been around for a while but they are all growing bigger and better each day :) So, click on over and check them out!
Food, Fun & Life in Waukesha
The Kiefer Cottage
Tasty Sweet Cupcakes
Simply Dream & Create
Whatcha Makin' Now?
Sweet Twist of Blogging
365 Days of Baking
Cooking is a Hoot
Served Up With Love