This salad is pretty quick to make and great for a hot summer day. I know it's meatless Monday and this has shrimp in it but I eat shrimp and lots of people love shrimp :). This is easy to customize with whatever you like such as bell peppers or you could get crazy and throw in some daikon radishes. We originally served this hot right after cooking but as a cold pasta salad that is made ahead it is also delicious!
Pasta Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- ½ (16-ounce) package spaghetti or other pasta noodle
- 1 ¼ cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- ¾ cup matchstick-cut carrots
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. chili oil)
1. Cook noodles in boiling water 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Add soybeans to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drain. Place noodle mixture in a large bowl. Add carrots, onions, and cilantro; toss.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Add shrimp to noodle mixture.
3. Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over noodle mixture; toss well.
This recipe may be linked up to:
· Inside BruCrew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday's
· Mrs. Fox's Sweets - Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party
· A Pinch of Joy - Busy Monday Link Party
· House of Hepworth's - Hookin up with HoH
· Cups by Kim - Sweet & Simple Sunday
· Couponing & Cooking - Mealtime Monday
· What's Cooking, Love? - Showcase Your Talent Thursday
· Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo - Anything Goes Linky
· Dwell on Joy - Dwell on Friday
· Six Sister's Stuff - Strut Your Stuff Saturday
· Something Swanky: Desserts & Designs - Sweet Treats Thursday
· A Slice of Southern - Southern Sundays
· Me and My Sweets - My Sweet Party