As you can tell lately I've been on a peanut butter kick. I'm a pretty big fan. I keep buying small jars though because as soon as I buy a large one then I won't want it anymore. It always happens that way. We also pretty much always have bananas around the house and so I decided to make these. They're pretty easy and make a nice presentation for a small party. The recipe only makes 10 but you could always double it if you wanted too :).
I used the same milk chocolate cream cheese that I used in this recipe because I still had some left. You could always use plain cream cheese (like I was supposed too) if that's what you have or what you want. I know these kept in the refrigerator for two days but then I can't say how much longer they would have kept because we ate them all. Usually I make recipes that can be altered a lot but this one doesn't leave to much space for that. The recipe was originally a "pizza" though so if you are inclined to prepare it that way then feel free :). Happy Baking!
Peanut Butter & Banana Brownie Bites
Makes about 10
- 2 tablespoons butter, softned
- 2 ½ tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10-12 ¼” thick slices banana
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a microwave safe dish heat butter and 2 ½ tablespoons of chocolate about 30 seconds, then stir until melted (if necessary heat in additional 8-10 second increments).
2. Stir in the granulated sugar and egg white until well blended. Stir in the milk and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add the flour and salt to the mixture and stir until completely blended. Scoop or spoon evenly into a lightly greased mini muffin pan. The batter should fill 10-12 cups.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until brownies are done, a toothpick inserted slightly off center should come out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Blend together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth. Spread evenly on the brownie bites.
6. Top the peanut butter mixture with the banana slices, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
7. Melt 1-2 tablespoons chocolate in the microwave until melted (about 20-30 seconds). If there are little pieces of chocolate chips still left but most of it is melted then stir until all of it is smooth instead of putting it back in the microwave just to try to melt the little pieces. Drizzle chocolate over brownie bites by putting it in a zip-top bag and cutting off a small corner or drizzling from a measuring cup.
Recipe adapted from Kraft