I love old cookbooks and always have. When I was in college there was a library near my apartment that I loved to visit. I think it was two times while I lived there they had book sales at the library and (naturally) they would sell some of the books from the library. I picked up several cookbooks there but one of them was a Southern Living Cookbook from 1976 filled with recipes for cookies and candies.
Makes about 14 cookies
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup ground pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cream the butter in a bowl until fluffy. Add the sugar gradually and beat the mixture until light.
3. Add vanilla and mix. Add the flour alternately with the water until mixed, then stir in the pecans.
4. Shape the dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
Recipe from a Southern Living cookbook.